Pendergrass Library was the state depository for agriculture publications through 1989 and has followed Government Printing Office (GPO) guidelines to keep publications of historical significance that were published prior to this date. These selections are made from publications offered by the agencies within the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) and published by the GPO. The emphasis of our collection is USDA publications. Currently, the University of Memphis is the regional depository library and maintains publications and records after 1989.
Online Search Engines
- Catalog of U.S. Government Publications (GPO Access)
- National Agricultural Library (NAL) Digital Repository
- GPO Federal Digital System (FDSYS)
- UT Libraries Government Documents Guide
- Federal Depository Libraries Program (FDLP) information
- U.S. Government Printing Office (GPO)
- Superintendent of Documents (SuDoc) Classification System
- United States Department of Agriculture
Resources for UT Affiliates
The links below are provided to University of Tennessee faculty, staff, and students by the libraries. Note that these resources extend beyond the materials included in Pendergrass Library’s depository commitment. More information can be found on our research guide. Off campus users will need to log in to the library’s proxy server using their NetID and password in order to access these resources.
- Congressional Research Digital Collection (CRDC): Full text legislative policy reports from the Congressional Research Service. To search CRDC, select “Advanced Search,” then the check the box for CRS Reports. Previously known as LexisNexis Congressional Research Digital Collection.
- Monthly Catalog of U.S. Government Publications: A searchable historical archive of U.S. federal government publications from the catalog produced by the GPO from 1895-1976.
- ProQuest Congressional
- ProQuest Legislative Insight
- ProQuest Statistical Insight: Index to statistical data of all kinds from federal, state, private, and international sources. Links to full-text when available. Previously known as LexisNexis Statistical.